This past week, Camp closed the door on Kayitz 2011. It was a great summer, full of Ramah magic. Below are some highlights from the summer.
- The Bogrim SABABA program was a huge success! During the first week in August, all 94 members of the edah traveled to a different specialty camp experience. Ranging from hiking in the Adirondecks to a culinary experience in New York to theater arts at the Brandeis BIMA program, campers participated in an intensive program of their choosing within the Ramah framework. They returned enthusiastic and eager to share all they did!
- Camp’s new climbing tower was officially unveiled over the summer. The new structure, located on our expanding sports complex on the “golf course,” will have 8 different elements to use.
- We held our 2nd annual Triathlon. Campers swam a portion of the agam, then biked around Camp to one point, and ran the rest of the way.
- Fencer Mikhail Sankofa, a tree-time Olympian and collegiate fencer spent five days at CRB introducing campers of all ages to the fine art of saber fencing.
- Camp expanded its boating program, with classes offered in kayaks, canoes, row boats, peddle boats, and sailing.
- A group of Tzeirim campers made their own tefillin with Rabbi Noah Greenberg.